Subject: Re: TPE for NetBSD
To: Jason R. Fink <jrf@cyberspace.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2001 22:55:12
According to Jason R. Fink:

>i like your idea better than TPE, not too mention it would be easier to
>try your code (after it is updated) than port someone else's that is as
>Simon pointed out, totally different.

OK - trains are wonderful things.  I generated the patch on the way
home from work.  I have applied it to my home machine and the kernel
built ok so it is looking good. aaah the joys of cvs.

For people who are interested on ftp.netbsd.org under
/pub/NetBSD/misc/blymn there are three files:

1) README.1ST - this has the instructions for applying the patch, read
   and understand this document first, you cannot just apply the patch
   and expect things to work.
2) sexec_patch - the actual patch file see the contents of README.1ST
   for instructions on how to apply it.
3) sexec.txt - a copy of a paper I presented on this modification at
   an Australian Unix Users Group conference.

Before offering comments, make sure you read the points I make in
README.1ST as there are some things that I know are not implemented in
the best manner - this really was a first cut proof of concept
modification.