Subject: Re: encrypted swap?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2001 14:00:59
According to Steven M. Bellovin:

>I (mostly) agree with 640 for most partitions; my comment was about
>that mode for the swap area, which isn't backed up.

I did think of that after I sent the message and was going to do a
follow up but got dragged off.  The trick is that /dev/wd0b may not
necessarily be swap :-)  If you boot from a scsi disk then, unless you
changed your kernel conf, your swap will be /dev/sd0b - /dev/wd0b may
very well be your /usr/local/stuff partition.  Having b as swap is
convention only not a hard rule.