Subject: Re: TPE for NetBSD
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2001 10:48:22
According to Bill Studenmund:

>One thing you might try is making it a layered file system.

Mmmmm that is a good thought.  I will put up what I have done since I
know that it works and have a look at doing a layered fs.  It
certainly makes a lot of sense.

>The advantage of using a file system is that you have to hack into a lot
>fewer code points - the kernel already asks the FS if it can execute a
>file. :-)

Yes, this is very true.  At the moment the code hits very few of the
kernel files (most of the guff is actually to implement a
pseudo-device for loading the signatures) but if I want to intercept
the open and mmap calls then doing all the checks at the file system
layer sounds like a better approach.