Subject: Re: pciide_machdep_compat_intr_establish()
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2001 21:26:19
Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Sunday 03 June 2001  3:46 am, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 12:27:39PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> >  > The pciide_machdep_compat_intr_establish() only does something on
> >  > ~half the ports that use pciide.  The following patch makes it's use
> >  > conditional on having __HAVE_PCIIDE_MACHDEP_COMPAT_INTR_ESTABLISH
> >  > defined in <machine/pci_machdep.h>
> >  >
> >  > I tested this on an alpha pc164 (which uses the function) and
> >  > cross-built (but not ran) a macppc kernel (which doesn't use the
> >  > function).
> >  >
> >  > Comments?
> >
> > This looks great to me.
>
> Only one comment, on the arm platforms (arm32 and netwinder) the define
> should be in sys/arch/arm/pci_machdep.h, not in the arm32 and netwinder dirs,
> other than that looks ok.

The reason I changed arm32 and netwinder was that the pciide_machdep.c
files also live under the arm32 and netwinder directories, and not in
sys/arch/arm.  This behaviour should be overridable per port, not per
architecture - is it not possible to have pciide on an arm CPU without
an ISA bus?

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/