Subject: ELF binary recognition
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/02/2001 02:38:35
Hi,
Currently, if an ELF binary is not claimed by particular emulation,
it's run as NetBSD binary. This leads to problem such as kern/12253.
I'm not quite sure what is the best way to solve this. I'm inclined
to say "don't run fooOS binaries if you don't have fooOS emulation
support enabled", but that's probably not the most sensible stand.
What do you think would be the best way to handle this? It would
be a bit tedious to change the compat code so that that the signature
checks would be done even when the emulation is not configured in.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!