Subject: Re: Disks with 128 or 256 bytes per sector
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/01/2001 10:42:45
On Thu, 31 May 2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> > > As far as I know, We're limited to 512 bytes/sector for now.
> > is it minimum or "the only good(TM)" value?
>
> The only good. At least for ffs, lfs and friends.

It's not ffs or lfs's fault. The problem is that the BSD kernel was
designed to only support one size of disk blocks, DEV_BSIZE. You can use
1k-sector disks with NetBSD, jsut right now ALL your disks have to be
1k-sectors. ;-)

What you can't do now is mix & match. Say have 2k scsi disks and 512 byte
ide's.

Take care,

Bill