Subject: Re: Reverting the PCMCIADEBUG removal?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/18/2001 10:09:25

>	I'd like to suggest it (plus WDCDEBUG and any others) get
>	'defopt'ed and enabled by default in GENERIC and INSTALL.
>	I agree they provide useful information, but we should allow
>	people who are compiling kernels for limited memory systems to
>	easily turn them off.

Enabled by default? We don't enable DEBUG by default and these also tend to
add more code/time to a system.

Documenting them in a common way and providing an interface via "options" to
enable them sounds fine. Enabling them by default seems a horrible thing
to do to users for a GENERIC kernel. While that does have the kitchen sink
for options in it, it specifically doesn't have DEBUG turned on.

James