Subject: Re: PCI-cardbus adapter problem
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/16/2001 17:58:32
to follow up my own mail:

I've understood the problem myself.

M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de said:
> cbb0 at pci2 dev 5 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1410 PCI-CardBus

The "pci2" is the problem. The cardbus adapter hangs behind a
PCI-PCI bridge.

> pccbb_pcmcia_alloc_mem: addr 0x40000000 size 0x400, realsize 0x1000

The ressource allocation of "cbb" is broken (well, the reason is
that the PCI framework doesn't provide much support to do it right...)
and will allocate addresses which are not forwarded by the PCI-PCI bridge.
So the code reads all-ones (probably gets master aborts, but I didn't
check) if it tries to access these windows.
This is not easily solved, unfortunately.

best regards
Matthias