Subject: Re: looking for devices on PCI bus [II]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2001 14:22:44
On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:07:52PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

 > Hi
 > I've implemented a function looking for devices on pci busses
 > based on pci_probe_bus() (pci_probe_bus() is just a wrapper now).
 >
 > While doing this I figured that the 2 functions (one matching by ID and one by
 > class) could be collapsed in one:
 > void
 > pci_find_device(int bus, int vendor, int product, int rev,
 >     int class, int subclass, int interface,
 >     void *arg, void (*f) __P((void *, struct pci_attach_args *)))
 >
 > Using wildcards it's possible to do what the 2 previous functions did, and
 > much more (it's possible to find all devices matching  vendor = VIA and
 > class/subclass = PCI/ISA bridge :)
 >
 > Patch attached. Comments ?

Why are we continuing with the "find random device on the PCI bus" thread
when I have already suggested how to identify the problem VIA chipsets
without having to add an additional function to find random devices on the
bus, which in all likelihood will be used in exactly one place.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>