Subject: HEADS UP: cdevsw initialisation macros cleaned up
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/26/2001 22:39:55
I've just committed changes I've made to sys/conf.h and arch/*/*/conf.[ch]
which provide more helper macros, clean up the various macros, removes
unnecessary duplication, fix incorrect comments, etc.

I'm fairly certain that I got this right, and I carefully went
through the diffs before commited them to see if I noticed any
mistakes (I picked up a couple of nits on my first pass through;
the next two didn't reveal anything obvious to me). i've configured
and compiled an i386 GENERIC kernel successfully, but ports which
have many port-specific entries (arm32, vax, x68k) might have
unexpected issues.

This should allow easier addition of new cdev_*_init() entries,
as well as adding extra items to the cdevsw struct.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org