Subject: p->p_vmspace out of kernel space??
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/2001 10:40:57
I'm investigating for the bug recently introduced in Linux emulation.
What I'm doing is logging a few pointers in linux_sys_execve.

What suprises me is the value of p->p_vmspace. Isn't this supposed to be
in kernel space (that is: 0x80000000 - 0xffffffff on a PowerPC)?

A typical value when things work (most of the time) is
p->p_vmspace=0xc1dc80

I would really have expected this to be in kernel space. Some values
that occur when things go wrong are:
p->p_vmspace=0x38800002
or
p->p_vmspace=0x696e2073

Is it normal that vmspace is allocated on process' heap? Or do I have a
wrong idea of where are the process' heap and the kernel space?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
JavaScript est encapsule dans HTML, qui encapsulait