Subject: Re: MP/Threading...
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/21/2001 22:59:55
| I've heard rumours flying about that NetBSD 2.0 (somewhere down the road)
| will be a BigLock [TM] MP thing.

No decision has been made as to what point we will move to 2.0 from
1.x; there's lots of unrefined speculation.

| I was seriously hoping that BigLock would never see an official release.

We do not decide whether to release or not to release on the basis of
a SINGLE FEATURE. Obviously we'd love to see more finer grained locks,
but we certainly will not hold back a release for it. It can be in the
next release.

--jhawk
  [halfway wearing his release engineering hat]