Subject: Re: Any resolution for LKM issues?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/15/2001 12:54:30
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

# Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:15:54 -0500
# From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
# To: port-macppc@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org
# Subject: Any resolution for LKM issues?
#
# Disregarding entirely the background of why I want them, considering
# the conversation devolved into a discussion strictly of that last
# time, rather than how to make a basic function for development of
# OS-related stuff work on one of our ports:

Regarding this, and knowing the opinions of several self-described
security pundits and the like, I view LKMs as rather useful creatures,
and would like to see approaches on how to make it work instead of
the constant questioning of "Why do you want to do that?"  "BECAUSE
I WANT TO LOAD A @#($#@ LKM, THAT'S WHY!".  Knowledge.  The ability
to do something in a different manner.  We didn't come this far by telling
the user "You don't need to know how to do this" (at least mostly).

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD:  For IQs higher than 120.