Subject: Re: Fixing Linux emulated brk()
To: None <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/15/2001 08:54:43
> As no other OS wants this, for now I would put it in p_emuldata.
> If we find any other use, we can move it later. Don't change MI
> code if there is no real need for it, and do the simplest change
> to achieve your goal.

Are we sure no other OS wants it? Getting a consistent break value
between two brk() calls does not seems a very OS dependent requirement.

Does the standards require brk() to return the requested value and to
set the actual break value beyond, on a page boundary? I wonder if it
would not be better to store the process idea of break for any process,
and return it when requested. (I may be telling nonsenses, I'm just
asking)

If I use p_emuldata: this is a char*, how should I use it? Should I
define a struct linux_emuldata and store a pointer on it there?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Il ne suffit pas de crier l'iMac, l'iMac! en sautant comme un cabri...