Subject: Re: Support for ACLs
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/08/2001 11:02:38
I am familiar with the workings of the permissions system and find it to
be quite adequate and well-featured enough to do acl-like things without
more bloat and modification. i'm watching kernels get bigger and bigger as
people shovel more and more stuff into the kernel instead of doing it in
userland. A certain amount of this is fine and just the normal march of a
piece of software along the path toward feature-choked, but i'd like to
see NetBSD not get choked by features in the kernel.

Isildur