Subject: haning while configuring wd0
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <hanspeter.roth@post.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/2001 00:53:30
Hello,

I'm trying to setup NetBsd 1.5 on a Mitac 6120.
I encounter a strange behaviour during startup when configuring wd0.
If I'm just watching, the last output looks like this:

pcib0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0
pcib0: Intel 82371AB PCI-to-ISA Bridge (PIIX4) (rev. 0x02)
pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1: Intel 82371AB IDE controller (PIIX4) (rev. 0x01)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode

If I first open the CD tray and go into the Bios setup and close the
CD tray as soon as the line `primary channel wired to compatibility mode'
appears the boot process continues:

wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <TOSHIBA MK1016GAP>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, lba addressing
wd0: 9590 MB, 16383 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 19640880 sectors
wd0: 32-bit data port
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 4
pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)

The CD drive is connected to the secondary channel.

pciide0: secondary channel wired to compatibility mode
atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 1
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <CD-224E, , 1.5A> type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
pciide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)

Is there a smart configuration to handle the problem?
Is there a tracing option for the configuration of wd0?

Another problem is that the touchpad is not recognized.
OpenBsd configures it at irq 12.

-Hanspeter