Subject: Re: pty and baud rate?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2001 11:40:30
And old thing revisited .. had a long break in the code development.

I'm trying to make an external device look like a serial port under NetBSD.
This device uses Ethernet to connect to the NetBSD system.  I'm using the
pseudo tty's and TIOCPKT mode which works OK so far.  However, I didn't get
ioctl messages from the tty side to the pty side.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 08:29:38AM +0900, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
> By a look at sys/kern/tty_pty.c, the EXTPROC termios flag seems to be
> required.  Try
>
> 	stty -f /dev/ttyqf extproc

This solves the problem - but how can I set the EXTPROC flag within my
"server" program?  If I use tcgetattr() and tcsetattr(), the flag is not
set.  I tried to set ECHOCTL at the same time and that flag _does_ get
set, so I think my tcsetattr() call is OK (it returns no error).

I can do the stty command to the tty device in shell and after that, I get
the ioctl messages on the pty side.

How can I set the EXTPROC flag from within my own program?  Why doesn't
it get set if I use tcsetattr()?

Thanks again,

  -jm