Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX/powerpc: mmap'ing dynamic libraries
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/08/2001 19:44:48
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >This is what I expected:
> >   171 arg.dyn  EMUL  "linux"
> >   171 arg.dyn  RET   execve JUSTRETURN
>
> Hmm, new syscall reorg related lossage?

Not really.

This is related to how the ktrace records are written. Couple of weeks
ago, I changed fork1() to add the EMUL record, so that kdump knows
emulation of the newly forked process immediatelly (primarily to DTRT
for threads, i.e. things which fork a thread and never call exec).
However, this also makes kdump map the execve return according
to Linux syscall table instead of NetBSD one.

Anyway, this is not a real problem, it's mostly cosmetic.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, dammit!  @@@@