Subject: Re: HEADS UP: i386 supports 16 partitions now
To: Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/03/2001 21:22:38
On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 12:48:02PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0101031255370.17395-100000@odysseus.int.purplei.com> David Brownlee writes:
> : 	Would now be a good point for this to be proposed for all other
> : 	8 partition ports (change pending portmaster approval of course)
>
> How many other ports are impacted?  I thought it was only NetBSD/arc
> at this point, but maybe I'm confusing issues.

foreach SUN in sun3 sparc sparc64; do
	echo NetBSD/${SUN}
done

Actually, the problem here is bootability, as the machine PROMs need the
sun disklabel (with 8 partition limit) to boot, and the NetBSD label is
stuffed at unused space within it. If another 8 partitions do fit, only
the first 8 would be bootable. But I guess thats ok.

Regards,
	-is