Subject: Re: LFS v2 layout
To: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
From: Jesse Off <joff@gci-net.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/06/2000 18:15:37
Konrad Schroder wrote:

>   + allow inode block size to be parametrized at newfs time, since they
>     seem to be almost empty a lot of the time

It might be nice too to change the Ifile to address these inodes by disk
blocks instead of by fs blocks.  That way, we can avoid searching an
entire
inode block for each inode.  And perhaps as an extension of this idea,
we could
eliminate inode 'blocks' altogether and just have a field in the segment
summary describing how many inode disk blocks immediately follow the
summary.
This could eliminate the need for a paramaterized size for inode blocks
altogether.  This also would leave all leftover segment summary space
after the
header for FINFO's.

//Jesse Off