Subject: Re: LKMs
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/26/2000 20:55:54
In some email I received from Robert Elz, sie wrote:
[...]
> I can also understand the desire from kernel developers who want to
> be able to make quick new tests of kernel features without needing
> to reboot all the time...

For this to be even remotely useful, a working /dev/ksyms is mandatory.
Currently, LKM's are a PITA to debug on NetBSD and hence are next to
useless for development - even with writing out symbols when you do a
modload - so much so that I'm tempted to suggest that modload should
update the kernel symbol database created by kvm_mkdb itself, as required.

Darren