Subject: Re: Addition to force open to open only regular files
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/17/2000 17:30:10
In message <20001117180038.7881D4@proven.weird.com> Greg A. Woods writes:
: I'm not conviced that's even the obvious solution.  open_as() is more
: obvious, and a set of filesystem-ID credentials is perhaps the more
: generic solution to cover all filesystem accesses, though it's
: potentially just as dangerous as ID swapping (I haven't yet explored the
: full range of possibilities with it yet).

But as has been pointed out, you have no way of knowing the saved uid
to pass to open_as. :-(.  Although we could make an excellent guess in
crt0 and crib that away for later issuing.

Warner