Subject: Re: Emulations as LKM (execsw change)
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jarom=EDr?= Dolecek <dolecek@ibis.cz>
From: Scott Bartram <sbartram@iconixx.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/2000 18:00:11
"Jaromír Dolecek" wrote:

> * compat/ibcs2/ibcs2_misc.c:ibcs2_sys_time() checked for emul_ibcs2_xout;
>   I've disabled that check for now, since there is now only single
>   emul_ibcs2. What is the right thing to do here ?

There are 3 different object formats supported by iBCS2: x.out, coff, and
elf. 99.9% of the emulation code doesn't care which format is used but
there is at least one place (ibcs2_sys_time() being one) that the code
needs to behave differently depending on the object format.

So the answer is that the emul code needs to be able to query the original
object format otherwise each format has to become a unique emulation.