Subject: Re: Constraining process CPU %time
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/06/2000 21:19:04
On Tue 31 Oct 2000 at 22:12:43 -0500, David Maxwell wrote:
> Is there any way to specify that a process should receive no more than
> x% (say x==25) of available CPU time? He would like to use a limitation
> of this sort in order to perform some clustering performance tests.

A very, very crude way to accomplish this would to run three do-nothing
cpu eaters alongside the process to be limited (at the same priority).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.