Subject: Re: $HOSTALIASES thing.
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/05/2000 14:02:59
On Sun 05 Nov 2000 at 20:43:20 +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> For the folks at home that are trying to follow what this is about
> here is some context:
>
> before this thread moved here there was a proposal made to add another
> syscall to the kernel that performed the same functions as open but
> allowed the caller to pass a uid/gid pair as additional parameters.

*IF* we wanted to do anything like this, it would be better to
generalise it so it could be done with any system call, like indir(2)
(V7) or syscall(2).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.