Subject: SCSI drivers & devices resources
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/11/2000 15:15:46
Hi,
in order to properly support tagged queuing in siop, I need to know if there
is a device present at each target/lun, in order to free the resources
when possible (most devices have only lun 0, so I don't need the script
to handle each 8 luns for such devices).
One way to do this would be to spoof INQUIRY commands in the scsi driver
to detect this. But I'd prefer to have the scsi layer tell the driver is
the device is here or not after a probe.
I've though about using an ioctl for this, called after each target/lun
probe which would tell if the device is here or not.
In the driver, once I know there is only lun 0 I could free the resources
that have been allocated to probe the other luns.

I didn't look at this closely yet, but I'd prefer to get ideas before
working on it :)