Subject: Re: Partly-done Rocketport multipport serial driver
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/29/2000 19:11:06
jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU (Jonathan Stone) writes:
> >I'm curious about the status of this, did someone take it on?  I've
> >got a machine that has been running Linux that I'd like to put NetBSD
> >on, but we want to use the RocketPort (ISA) card in it.
>
> Someone did take it on, but after looking at it, they were
> persuaded to start from scratch. I dont know where that got to.

it's been sitting in the queue behind and awful lot of Real Work.

I find it hard to get up to energy to hack serial port device drivers
after 10 hours at work and about an hour and 15 minutes of commute,
and then some more work from home... times 6 days a week.  8-)

I think I got to the point where i'd figured out what the 'opcodes' in
the little ASIC script language meant (basically by staring at drivers
and putting together the pieces of the puzzle).

chris