Subject: Re: Experimental port of FreeBSD ACPI stuffs
To: T.SHIOZAKI <tshiozak@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2000 07:27:01
On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 04:49:12PM +0900, T.SHIOZAKI wrote:

 >                 vps->avail_end -= atop(sz);
 >                 vps->end -= atop(sz);
 > -               msgbuf_paddr = vps->avail_end;
 > +               msgbuf_paddr = ptoa(vps->avail_end)
 >
 > But, I feel that this is not cause of the problems reported in the
 > source-changes list.

Actually, this bug may very well have been the cause of the problems.  The
symptoms were very much like a page of memory was being used twice, in
particular, the IDT page.

I'll work up a new patch for just MEMMAP and have the people who were
seeing problems test it.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>