Subject: RE: PCI device interface and interrupts
To: None <"'sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us'">
From: Marc Lanoue <mlanoue@hyperchip.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/21/2000 09:02:38

------_=_NextPart_001_01C023CC.38156280

Bill,

I've already looked at these functions.  But, as I was asking Manuel, is it
possible to use these functions in the application that I'm setting up (my
IP stack already contains all functions to handle ARP, IP, TCP and UDP
packets, as well as socket interfaces)?  Are there any restrictions in the
architecture that don't allow an upper-layer application to use these bus
and PCI interface functions?

And, if I want to use these functions in my application, can I use a library
to support these functions?  Do I need to copy and paste these functions in
my code in order to use them?  But, I haven't seen any makefile dedicated to
building a library with these functions.  Am I wrong once again?

I'm sorry for asking all these questions but I've spent a lot of days
looking here and there in the source code and I clearly don't understand all
the different possibilities that I might use to implement my IP stack
application.

Thanks a lot for you time and cooperation.
Marc