Subject: Re: non-512-byte devices
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2000 18:13:51
On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 09:43:19PM +0200, Sean Doran wrote:

> | AFAIK, it will be integrated at the same time as the UBC work. You can
> | test both by checking doing a cvs co -rchs-ubc2 of the kernel sources.
>
> Is anyone else using this branch?   In particular, is anyone using
> it and not seeing explosions, eaten filesystems, panics galore, etc.?

the chs-ubc2 branch was fairly stable the last time I did anything with it
(back around january), tho it's pretty out of date at this point.
I started adding the infrastructure for non-512-byte-sector devices in
that branch, but I didn't actually test that since I didn't have any
appropriate devices available, so I don't know if it worked or not.

in the past few weeks I've started making time to work on UBC again,
and I'll post on tech-kern when I've got something for others to
play with.  I'm hoping that will be within another few weeks.

-Chuck