Subject: iKey USB Device
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/18/2000 01:26:08
Hi,
   I received a Windows SDK for the Rainbows Technologies i-Key 2000
from a local distributor of the Rainbow Technologies product today.
Interesting little device, even if it's been cracked open (literally :).
What I'm curious about at this stage is what sort of driver would be
appropriate for it ?  In 50 words or less, it is a X.509 certificate
storage device, with 8k of memory, CPU, RNG, etc.

It probes like this:

USB: Vendor 0x04b9 Product 0x1200 Release 0x0100
USB: Class 0xff Subclass 0x0 Protocol 0 Config 0
USB: lowspeed 1 power 100 nport 0
ugen0 at uhub0 port 1
ugen0: Rainbow Technologies i-Key, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

The "USB:" lines are some printf's I added at the bottom of
usbd_fill_deviceinfo() inside #ifdef USBVERBOSE (work committing ?).

I imagine there's some amount of "ask the vendor" involved here ?

Can anything else be done at this stage ?

Cheers,
Darren