Subject: Re: iKey USB Device
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/17/2000 11:45:39
Darren Reed wrote:

> Hi,
>    I received a Windows SDK for the Rainbows Technologies i-Key 2000
> from a local distributor of the Rainbow Technologies product today.
> Interesting little device, even if it's been cracked open (literally :).
> What I'm curious about at this stage is what sort of driver would be
> appropriate for it ?  In 50 words or less, it is a X.509 certificate
> storage device, with 8k of memory, CPU, RNG, etc.
>
> It probes like this:
>
> USB: Vendor 0x04b9 Product 0x1200 Release 0x0100
> USB: Class 0xff Subclass 0x0 Protocol 0 Config 0
> USB: lowspeed 1 power 100 nport 0
> ugen0 at uhub0 port 1
> ugen0: Rainbow Technologies i-Key, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
>
> The "USB:" lines are some printf's I added at the bottom of
> usbd_fill_deviceinfo() inside #ifdef USBVERBOSE (work committing ?).

Well, the info you have printed is available with the usbdevs(8) command.
If you want more info then install the usbutil package and run usbgen.

> I imagine there's some amount of "ask the vendor" involved here ?

Yes, "ask the vendor" is what you need.  If you have access to a USB
protocol analyzer you can always see what windoze does to it.
But asking the vendor is probably an easier way (except that some
vendor refuse to give out information).

    -- Lennart