Subject: Re: /proc/*/exe
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/09/2000 20:06:50
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Todd Vierling wrote:

: : Actually, why do we care if the emulation is present or not?  This
: : could be a real pain for loadable filesystems/emulations.
:
: I had already conditionalized the _support_ based on COMPAT_LINUX, so it was
: a sensible extension to conditionalize the availability based on the
: process's emulation.  If that's not desirable, I can rip out all those
: conditionals easily enough.

Context and double-take:

I will have to add some more Linuxisms to /proc soon, such as /proc/cpuinfo
and /proc/meminfo.  Since procfs is rather low-use compared to other
filesystems, I could rip out the COMPAT_LINUX comparisons, and just check
(via strcmp()) the emulation's e_name to choose the appropriate behavior.
This would make the procfs LKM happy....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/