Subject: re: review of minor SCSIbus midlayer change, #1, possibly for 5.0
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/08/2000 17:41:48
(I have a flakey 144KBit DSL line these days, so my typing is even less
intelligent than my thinking, which isn't much to write home about sometimes
anyway)

FreeBSD 5.0 is the -current line of development for FreeBSD. It's not clear
when it'll come up, but possibly late this fall, as in 'late November'.
There's some talk about this being the merged with BSD/OS SMP code, but that
development is unclear.

NetBSD 1.5 is the -current line of deverlopment for NetBSD. My guess is that
it comes out this fall sometime too. It's more stable right now than FreeBSD
with respect to releasability.

Does this clear this up, finally?