Subject: Re: pci_conf_read pci_conf write
To: Frederic GILLIERS <fredg@DotCom.FR>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/03/2000 18:52:19
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Frederic GILLIERS wrote:

> I also suppose that a specific Bus Controler requires a specific version of
> pci_conf_write.?

Depends. On the x86, I think there is a fairly standard way for the cpu to
generate pci config cycles (thus to figure out if there's a pci bus). So
they are all the same. I know on macppc that Apple changes how pci config
cycles get generated every now and again.

It's something you only need to worry about if you are porting to new
host-pci bridges where there's not a strongly-followed convention.

Take care,

Bill