Subject: Re: SMC91cxx h/w info and bus space queries
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/28/2000 20:56:38
> I agree. I've heard nubus has very complicated spec...

For the most part, it's not complicated.  The Macintosh Slot Manager
ROM interactions make it more complicated, though.  I don't work
with that much, though, since it requires pulling in most of the ROM.

> Ah, I meant onboard wdc. (I'm not mac68k user ;-)

:-)

> I think there are some Japanese people working on nubus sm and
> onboard wdc, but they are stalled on bus_space implementation.

Yes.  I know Ken Nakata was working on the wdc at one time and I
think someone else picked it up, too.  I think that the sm will
"just work" when I get finished with my in-progress changes
(mac68k bus_space changes, mac68k connection to the mi smc91cxx
driver, and adding FEAST & MII to that driver).  I'm off from work
for the next week, recovering from sinus surgery--I hope to finish
this up (and get to a few more NetBSD-ish things) before I go back.

-allen