Subject: Re: pty and baud rate?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/24/2000 09:37:12
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 08:29:38AM +0900, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
> In article <20000721165950.A2746@pyy.jmp.fi>
> jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi writes:
>
> > I wrote a small test program and I can read data off the master end of the
> > pty, but I get no notification when the slave changes port speed or other
> > parameters.  I guess I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know
>
> By a look at sys/kern/tty_pty.c, the EXTPROC termios flag seems to be
> required.  Try
>
> 	stty -f /dev/ttyqf extproc

Yes, this seems to help!  Thanks :-)

> Yeah, the user can drop the flag....
> The master side should probably re-enaable the flag
> when it detects that the flag was dropped.

Probably..

Now the only thing that's bothering me is that I need to rm some real pty
device nodes and create some of my own with special names.  It would be
better if I could create "dynamic" nodes when the daemon starts, but I
guess this is not possible (kernel seems to compare the minor number
againts a constant (I think :)).  Well, good enough for testing how things
work.

Thanks to all who helped.

  -jm