Subject: Re: pty and baud rate?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/21/2000 16:59:51
On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 03:30:08PM +0900, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
> > It seems I can set the speed for ttyp? with stty, but is it possible for
> > the other end of the pseudo-terminal device to receive these ioctl calls
> > and ask the remote box to change baud rates etc.?
>
> I think pty "packet mode" is usable for this purpose.
> See pty(4) and look at TIOCPKT ioctl.

I wrote a small test program and I can read data off the master end of the
pty, but I get no notification when the slave changes port speed or other
parameters.  I guess I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know
what.  The source is at http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/koe.c, if someone has
the time and will to take a look.. thanks ;)

  -jm