Subject: Re: problem when booting my NetBSD
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/27/2000 14:07:42
According to Manuel Bouyer:

>On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 10:08:23AM +0200, Andrew Todorov wrote:
>> Sometimes when I boot my NetBSD it stops on this message:
>>
>>     "Setting ttys"
>>
>> and never goes ...
>>
>> The system just blocks!
>
>Did you change something in /etc/ttys ?
>Do you have some hardware attached to a serial port (or an internal modem) ?

I have had this happen to me on an old laptop.  In my case it was
because the kernel image had been corrupted due to a crash (the
machine was _very_ flakey), it was very odd because that was the only
thing that was affected.  Also, check your /dev directory and make
sure all the tty and pty dev entries look ok.