Subject: Re: NFS wedging.
To: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@de.bosch.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/26/2000 05:10:52
> My experience is, that the NFS implementation in HP-UX is really bad.

oh. Except for this, it's been doing a good job for me so far.

> Wouldn't more nfsiod processes keep at least a few free for other
> NFS access (to other servers)?

Maybe, but if this can happen from 4 nfsiod's going full blast, why
have more? Recall that my rm's were running 16 wide...

> Well, the loop shouldn't be infinite, should it? It should just take
> a long time to complete. But I agree that tuning the parameters
> might help.

Sounds like I was just losing patience then. Either way I think the
remedy is "don't do that".

> And so might a different operating system on the server :-)

If I had not been expecting hp700 to come along eventually, I would
never have bought it. I rather like the HP hardware, and while I seem
to be able to tolerate Hockey Pux better than most people I know, I
still would prefer to have NetBSD on it.

(This server has a disk array so I'd get to play with RAIDFrame, whee!)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com