Subject: PCIBIOS problem
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2000 00:35:30
I'm trying to get the PCIBIOS code to work on my old laptop
(to get CardBus going).  I've encountered the following problem.

In pciintr_link_fixup() all encountered assigned PCI irqs are accumulated
in the bitmask pciirq.  In stage 2 one of those is picked to assign to
unmapped PIRQs.
Well, my laptop have no PCI devices with assigned interrupts, so when
stage 2 is entered pciirq is 0.  So nothing will happen in stage 2, and the
PIRQs will remain unassigned.
I'm not sure if this is the way the code is intended to work, but if it is
I suggest we fix it.
A simple way would be to have a config option that overrides the computed
value of pciirq.
Another would be to guess that the bitmaps suggested by the link_map_list
can be used.
Or perhaps the PCIBIOS itself can supply a value for pciirq?

Thoughts?

--

        -- Lennart