Subject: Re: driver for webgear aviator 2.4 card
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2000 12:57:30
On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 08:54:46AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:46:43 -0500
>  Scott Bartram <scottb@iis.com> wrote:
>
>  > I just checked out buy.com and they have the kit for $138.95. However,
>  > make sure you pick the right product because they also have the
>  > Aviator *PRO* PCMCIA/ISA combo for the same price! Verify the
>  > manufacturer part number:
>
> The Pro is apparently a card + base station.  I wonder if those use the
> newer firmware (Build 5) that can do Infrastructure mode?

Please excuse this question from someone very naive about 802.11:

Will these cards talk to _any_ other 802.11 cards?  If so, which ones?

My dad's just dropped the dough for an AirPort Base Station and the card
for his iBook -- I'd love to find cheap ISA cards I could use to clean
up the rest of the cable mess all over his house.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"