Subject: Re: Time to update KNF?
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/17/2000 16:13:23
[snip]

>Therefore, I propose that we change KNF immediately to use two spaces for
>indents, since two-to-four are optimal, might as well choose two.
>
>I also propose that second level indents also be two spaces.

Procedurally: please  let's not do -anything- immediately.
Wait until we have consensus.

Second, on readability and comprehensibility, I find two spaces is
simply too little. Try reading glibc code sometime; two spaces is just
not enough.  _If_ we decide to change, and M$ data says four spaces
are as legible as two, I put in a strong plea for four.