Subject: Re: Retiring 'ss*' and PINT in favour of SANE
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/13/2000 08:13:01
Manuel Bouyer wrote
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 04:18:37PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	As far as I am aware, the PINT scsi scanner driver 'ss*'
> > 	is no longer maintained, and SANE supports many more scanners,
> > 	and is being maintained (and used the 'uk*' driver), and can
> > 	have problems with the 'ss*' driver.
> >
> > 	As a first step would anyne object if I commented out the
> > 	'ss*' lines in all the kernel config files?
>
> Please do ! I've been hit by this one too ...

Same here... Wouldn't it be possible to integrate scanner support for
devices other than the twain/hp products into the ss* driver? It
doesn't seem to make sense and isn't very intuitive using a uk*
(unknown) device for a known product.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes