Subject: Re: Cardbus
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Hayakawa Koichi <haya@arch.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/21/1999 11:12:48
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:24:14 +0100

 > I do too, but this is the coding standard for the kernel. :)

Exactly.  Next time I'll along with KNF.

 > >  Now, network card can be detached?
 >
 > No, but last I tried there seemed to be problems with other cards too.

Cardbus detach code should be written.  They do not exist
now.

 > >  I have a test code no to use delay() in thread context.  But
 > >  at the boottime (before kernel thread wake up), delay()
 > >  should be used.  This test code is based on NetBSD-1.4L.
 >
 > Indeed, you need to be careful with that.  For the USB code I keep a
 > flag with the controller to tell what to do.
 > An easier solution is probably to have a special delay routine that
 > tests the `cold' flag to see if it should tsleep() or delay().
 > This cannot be called from the interrupt routine, of course.  But that
 > should never be necessary, there is timeout() for that purpose.

I did it with tsleep() and delay(), same as what you
suggested.  I supposed it can be called from the interrupt
context, cannot it?  Using timeout is a bit complicated for
the purpose.
--
HAYAKAWA, Koichi