Subject: Cardbus
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/21/1999 01:50:54
Is anyone actively working on Cardbus anymore?

There are a number of things in the cardbus code that needs fixing.
I'm not keeping a TODO list (perhaps we should have one?), but here
are some:
 * make the code KNF (this is easy, I can do that).
 * make card eject work.  Maybe it works for others, but not on my
   Vaio 505TX and I'm soon desperate for hot swapping cards.
 * remove calls to delay().  There should NO calls to delay for
   periods longer than a few microseconds, perhaps 100 if you're
   desperate.  Busy wait is evil.  (I think the PCMCIA code still
   calls delay() for long periods from the interrupt routine!)

--

        -- Lennart