Subject: Re: Cardbus
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/1999 20:54:11
In message <385ED6BE.7BB18CE0@augustsson.net> Lennart Augustsson writes:
: Speaking of detaching network card.  Is anyone working on this?
: I guess I can borrow the code from OpenBSD to do it, because
: I want to be able to switch network cards.

You might want to check out FreeBSD's if_detach.  It works fairly
well, if you don't have ipv6.

The current if_detach works if you don't have ipv6, but does have
knowledge that it really shouldn't.  I'm working on a more generic way
to do this that doesn't pollute if.c with knowledge about specific
types of address families.  It works, but could be improved somewhat.

It allows me to remove cards network cards w/o random things
hanging/crashing due to random address deferencing.

Warner