Subject: Re: IDE / ATAPI attachment without soft reset
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/17/1999 12:12:55
According to Manuel Bouyer:

>Hey, ESDI *is* supported even in -current !

Yes, I know.  There was a time about (gulp) 6 years back where a
change was made that broke it.  As you have said elsewhere, probing
for modern ide drives vs old wdc drives is probably the best thing to
do.  From what I recall of the driver there should be a lot of common
code.  My last hack at wdc was a long long time ago - that was the
initial fix for the "lost interrupt" problem which has been redone in
a far more elegant manner than my initial fix :-)