Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: API for environmental sensors
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/09/1999 19:25:19
> On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> > On 09-Nov-99 Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > > (ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/drafts/ses/ses-r08b.pdf) specifications so that
> > > SCSI based environmental sensors are also part of this?

From my cursory reading of the SES, it appears as though it would require any
environmental sensor device to conform to a subset of the SCSI-3 spec.  What
may be appropriate is a SCSI device which supports SES and exports the ENVSYS
API to NetBSD.

If there are critical features of the SES which aren't supplied by ENVSYS 1.0,
perhaps we can enrich our API to include them.

> Just off the top of your head, does this seem too wacky or is it
> reasonable? I've had the stubs of an SES/SAF-TE driver for NetBSD for over
> a year (unfinished...).

Does your driver attach to any bus with an interface attribute of "scsi"?

--
Bill Squier (groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu)
http://www.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~groo