Subject: DDB, savecore and awi0
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/08/1999 12:30:29
  I'm experiencing some panics, I'm not sure if they are awi related or not.

  Short of hooking up a serial console, how can I get to DDB when I'm running
X and DDB panics? I don't, alas, have the disk space on my notebook left to
make effective use of savecore... Not sure right now what I can dump since I
need those 150Mb of internetdrafts for the rest of the week.

  I have 48Mb of ram, 96Mb of swap, but I don't have enough for savecore
to finish..

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a      584982   531784    23948    95%    /
/dev/wd0h       96624    50604    46020    52%    /dos
/dev/wd0e      510750   462060    23152    95%    /pzero

  At one point there was some talk about having a poke-script that the X
server could load into the kernel that permitted the kernel to reset the
video state to text mode without having to know anything about video
chips. Has anyone thought more about this?

]                   At IETF46 in Washington, DC                 |  firewalls  [